It makes products and store pages translatable, lets visitors switch languages and order products in their language.
- Translating product categories, tags and custom attributes
- Translating media “Title” and “Alternative Text” for “Featured Image” and “Product Gallery”
- Keeps the same language through the checkout process
- Translate category and tag slug
To translate product just add new product or edit custom one.
Will be displayed new field for each language you have added in “your languages box”.
As you can see in the image you can use edit fields to translate product title.
Use the language tab to translate/switch product description and short description in your languages
You can use field abot original title to translate it in a language, if you leave it blank original title will be used.
By default to generate product permalink will be used translated title but you can choose to use default permalink for each product, translated title or even customize it.
The permalink generated for product in above will be:
- Italian: http://192.168.1.21/wp_beta/product/primo-prodotto
- English: http://192.168.1.21/wp_beta/product/first-product
- Esperanto: http://192.168.1.21/wp_beta/product/primo-prodotto
WooCommerce “special” pages link shop, basket, checkout, etc, are simple pages so you can choose to:
Translate Product category base and Product tag base
In WordPress “Settings” -> “Permalinks” page you can choose to translate WooCommerce product and tag base:
if you leave translation field empty default base structure will be used.
In Ceceppa Multilingua -> “WooCommerce” page you can choose to disable this feature:
REMEMBER: you can’t leave WooCommerce “Product category base” and “Product tag base” fields blank, otherwise you will get 404 error when switch between languages.